[CQ-Contest] "LAST 2" - Personal Experiences

VR2BrettGraham vr2bg at harts.org.hk
Sat Apr 1 00:15:29 EST 2000

N4ZR wrote:

 Want to hear it done right, listen to ZD8Z.  Granted, the call is nice and
 tight -- not E4/G3WQU or something -- but he gives it every time while
 running.  Even alternating one call-sign with two "Thank you"s would do
 just fine.

Roger that!  Whilst us mere mortals can only watch in awe as ops like Jim,
CT1BOH, N5KO & others show us how it's to be done, I find I can keep three to
four-per-minute rates up while signing long calls (like XX9TDM or 9M6BG) after
every Q on CW.  On phone, such a call without phonetics isn't much longer
than "thank you".

The whole idea behind radiosport is to make Qs & to do this, you need to know
my call & I need to know yours.  Anything less is counter productive, no
matter
which end of the Q you are on.  Quite simple, really.

73, VR2BrettGraham

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com