[CQ-Contest] RV: PED PILE UP SIMULATOR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

MARTIN MONSALVO LW9EUJ lw9euj at ciudad.com.ar
Thu Apr 27 23:17:39 EDT 2000

PED PILE-UP SIMULATOR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
SPONSORED BY LU-CONTESTERS Y 599001  MAIL LISTS

-------

1)objective:for hams arround the world to achieve the highest possible =
score utilizing ped  cw pile-up simulator, according to the present =
rules.
=20
2)entrants: licensed ham operators from all over the world.
=20
3) contest dates:
  a.. 1st. contest: speed contest may 20-21, 2000.
  b.. 2nd.contest: competition level 2. june 10-11, 2000.
  c.. 3rd.contest: competition level 4. june 17-18, 2000.
  d.. 4th. contest:competition  level 6. july   1-  2, 2000.
  e.. 5th. contest:competition  level 9. august 19-20, 2000.
4) contest time:within the given dates, entrants can choose a two hour =
strip, to take part in each one of the contests. the hour strips you =
picked up, must be comunicated to the organizer together with the =
registration form.=20
hour strips must start o=b4clock at either: 00:00, 02:00, 04:00, 06:00, =
08:00,10:00,12:00, 14:00, 16:00, 18:00, 20:00, 22:00.=20
=20
5) registration: you must register to enter the championship by e-mail =
to: lw9euj at qsl.net , before, may 14th 2000.

a.- in the subject line put:  registration ped cw 2000
b.- text in the body of the message: your callsign, your name, hour =
strips.
c.- example:

callsign: (yours)
name: (yours - first, middle, last)
club afiliation:  (yours)
i shall take part in the following dates and times:

1st. contest, may 20, from 8:00 utc to 10:00 utc.
2nd. contest, jun 11, from 20:00 utc to 22:00 utc.
3rd. contest, jun 17, from 02:00 to 04:00 utc.
4th. contest, july 1 from 14:00 to 16:00 utc.
5th. contest, august20, from 100:00 to 12:00 utc.

6) exact starting time comunication: withing the first five minutes of =
every the time strip you selected, an e-mail will be sent to you, =
telling you when to start the contest. (e.g. if you selected may 20th =
from 05:00 utc to 07:00 utc, to do  1st. contest, between 05:00 and =
05:05 utc an e-mail will be sent to you telling you the actual starting =
time for you to do that contest)

the message from organizer would look like this:
(your callsign) 1st contest starts at: 05:20 utc. good luck.

=20

7)time limit:once you have received the e-mail comunicating the starting =
time for a given contest, you have two more minutes(maximum) than the =
time stated in the message to start your contest.=20
taht means that if the message states 05:20 utc for you to start the =
contest, you can actually start it  no later than  05:22 maximum.
a.- the starting time of your contest will be  the time ofyour first =
logged qso. we strongly recomend you to read. time setting, point 9).
b. those entrants whose satarting time exceeds the time limit will not =
score any points in that contest.

8) logs:=20
a.- logs must be sent via e-mail to lw9euj at qsl.net . you must send a =
message with the .log  .sum .ini files attached, within the three =
following minutes to the time of your last contact. we believe it is =
enough time to exit ped, start your e-mail program, attach the requested =
files, and send.
b.- if your mail server fails and you can not send the files withing the =
time limit we will not sum your points for that contest.
c.- if our mail server fails and we can not receive your mail before the =
time limit we will sum your points for that contest anyway,once we =
receive your log.

9) time setting:to avoid time diferences between organizer and entrants, =
all entrants computer clocks time must be set using wwv. time must be =
expresed in utc.

10) program version. settings & status.(.ped) files

a.- all entrants shall use the same program version, in this case v =
5.19, and it must be the copy distributed by the organizer. all program =
files will be sent to you with the e-mail comunicating exact starting =
time of your contest, thus once you have received the corresponding =
mail, you have to copy the attached files under your ped directory. we =
strongly recomend you to previously create a folder to copy the program =
files you=b4ll receive via e-mail.
b.-  .ped file: the file that generates callsigns during a sesion is the =
file with .ped extension, , . different .ped and .ini files will be used =
in every contest, callsigns cointained in the .ped files will not be =
real callsigns, they may look like: w30d, lu33t,k11ar, etc, etc.
c.-settings & status for  each contest (they, will be contained in the =
ini file we send to the entrants)

c1.- for the speed contest we well send use the following settings:
c1a.- pile up trainer =3d 1
c1b.- competition level=3d 0
c1c.- japanese split =3d -
c1d.- pile up generator =3d 1
c1e.- demonstration =3d 1
c1f.-  mode=3d dxpedition
c1g.- time limit =3d 10(min)
c1h.- callsign: ( a fantasy callsign will be used ,e.g. w6r123adzx5t2)
do not worry about the length of the callsign we send with the program,  =
in the dxpedition mode you don=b4t need to send your callsign at all). =
furthermore, the callsign we submit will vary from one contest to other.
c1i .-number: what ever (it isn=b4t exchanged in dxpedition mode).
c1j.- randomize=3d shuffle
c1k.- status:
keyer=3d off
delay=3d -94msec.
width=3d 1khz.
vol=3d any (you can set it, after you started the contest)
noise=3doff
qsb=3doff
broken=3doff
trans=3doff
fsk=3doff
speed=3d the starting speed will be 36 wpm, of course you can change it =
to go faster if you want.
=20
reference: as a matter of information only. we tell you that tha highest =
number of q=b4s and score we are aware of is: 102 and 5698, using the =
above mentioned settings and status.
=20
c2. settings and status for the 2nd contest: competition level 2.
c2a.- competition level =3d 2
c2b.- mode =3d dxpedition
c2c.- time limit=3d 10
c2d.- randomize=3d shuffle
c2e.- status is automatically set by the program

c3. settings and status for the 3rd contest: competition level 4.
c3a.- competition level =3d 4
c3b.- mode =3d dxpedition
c3c.- time limit=3d 10
c3d.- randomize=3d sheffle
c3e.- status is automatically set by the program

c4. settings and status for the 4th: competition level 6.
c4a.- competition level =3d 6
c4b.- mode =3d dxpedition
c4c.- time limit=3d 10
c4d.- randomize=3d shuffle
c4e.- status is automatically set by the program

c5. settings and status for the 5th contest: competition level 9.
c5a.- competition level =3d 9
c5b.- mode =3d dxpedition
c5c.- time limit=3d 10
c5d.- randomize=3d shuffle
c5e.- status is automatically set by the program

note: desqualification:
   =20
all those who attempt to modify settings, all those who try to use other =
settings, other .ini or .ped files, will be automatically desqualified.

11)exclusion:
the following hams will not take part in the championship

lu6eby
lw9euj
lw2eqs
lu9dxg
lu9dmc

12.-results: final results will be sent to the following  e-mail =
reflectors: cq-contest(contesting.com), contest (qth.net), =
lu-contesters(egroups.com), 599001(egroups.com), withing the following =
30 days after the 5th.contest.

13.certificates wil be awarded to the top ten scoring stations of the =
championship and the top five clubs.

14. club competition: this particular contest is no exception, and =
obviously there is a club competition.
each participant, is allowed to declare his/her club afiliation in the =
e-mail they submit the requested files, after every contest.
they same criteria used in cq contest will be used to consider what a =
club is.

what follows are the rules of cq contest about club competition, thus =
you must comply with them.

cq ww dx contest rule "x"

x. club competition:
1. the club must be a local group, and not a national organization
2.competition is limited to members operating within a  local =
geographic, area defined as within 275 km radius from the centr of the =
club area......
the dxpedition criteria won=b4t be considered, because  no one of you =
will travel to other country to use ped in this championship.
3. to be listed, a minimum of 3 logs.....
there is no need to send a list of club members and their score, but if =
you want, feel free to do so.

-------

=20
we would like to thank je3mas for advice and tips to guarantee all =
entrants logs security, to avoid log violations / change of settings, to =
verify settings used by each entrant, etc.

question and coments to lw9euj at qsl.net

organized by lu-contesters and 599001 mail lists

answers to the questions you will possibly ask, will be sent to all the =
people  who  received the rules.

feel free to re-send the rules to your friends and clubs. we thank you =
in advance for promoting this championship.

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com