[CQ-Contest] condx in naqp phone..

Paul E. Knupke, Jr. pk at ij.net
Sun Aug 20 10:57:42 EDT 2000

Conditions were decent but it may be a story of two contests (west coast and
the rest)  I had a hard time hearing what was being said during the 3830
gathering at the end (normal s9+ summertime static in Florida) but it seemed
that some thought that the guys out west did better.

20 was very crowded for a NAQP.  15 was much better than last summer.   40m
was decent but didn't hear much from the west coast .. thought did work a
few CA stations.

K4XS commented: "10 very good, and worked around 150 dx stations including
FH5,HS0."

I also worked several DX stations on 10 and 15 meters.

Only worked two non W/VE NA stations 8P and Cuba.  No KP2, KP4, KH or KL
heard.

Since I was no where near a rig during the CW weekend (I was on vacation in
NE VE3) I can't compare.

Activity seemed quite good!

73
Paul