[CQ-Contest] Kenwood TS940 computer interface

Dennis Vernacchia n6ki at juno.com
Sat Aug 26 01:28:35 EDT 2000

Hi Steve,

	I also told Tom about the PIEXX unit but I had trouble
getting the PIEXX unit working with a 940 and CT contest logging
software ver 9.27 and 9.47. I couldn't get the bandmap t work and
the unit bandswitched intermittanly so after consultation
with PIEXX, I just returned the unit.

	I wonder if anyone else reading this thread got their
940 and CT program working using the PIEXX unit

73,

Dennis Vernacchia N6KI

On Fri, 25 Aug 2000 03:38:42 -0500 Steve Lufcy <km0l at tfs.net> writes:

>Tom-
>I too bought the IF-232 interface for my 940 and could not get it to
>work. I lent it to a friend who interfaced his 870 with it, so th
>IF-232 was good.
>Turns out that the 940 must have a chip inside for the IF232 to
>interface with and not all 940's have it.
>I ended up buying the TS-940 IF-10B/C from PIEXX which is the
>interface and chip that fit inside the 940 and plugs straight into a
>serial port on the computer. This works fine and I don't need the
>outboard box at all.
>The unit sells for $89 from PIEXX, and you can even order online from
>http://www.piexx.com
>Good luck es 73 de K0OU, Steve in KC
>
>BTW- I don't own stock in PIEXX or anything - just a satisfied
>customer. OU

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com