[CQ-Contest] stirring the pot....

Billy Cox aa4nu at ix.netcom.com
Fri Dec 1 17:20:39 EST 2000

> I received no responses from my query to mentors as to how they recognized
> young ops with the potential to be superior contesters and how they
brought
> them along.  I can't derive any conclusions from that except that maybe it
> was posted too close to CQWW for anybody to worry about it.  Still think
it
> was a good question (IMHO....)....

Must have missed the first query ... so here's my 3 cents worth ...

What "do I look for" before I offer 'the chair' to a young op here ?

1. Potential - "fire in the gut", they believe "they can do it"
2. Progress - skills and scores show increases
3. Perseverance - no matter what happens, they keep trying

That help ?

73 Billy AA4NU  ... who's still working on all the above too !

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com