[CQ-Contest] Packet Pileups -> Breaking Pileups

Joe w0joe at tabby.cooldude.com
Sat Dec 2 03:08:33 EST 2000

On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, steve wrote:

> Mike, there are lids aplenty who do not use packet and lots of fine ops who
> do use packet. Let's simply discuss what is and what is not good operating
> technique. Using packet for DXing or contesting does NOT make someone a poor
> operator. Steve, NN4T.

I agree!   I was part of a large Multi/Multi that used packet.  I had a
ton of fun in the CQ WW.  I did all of the computer setup, the networking,
the internet connection, radio interfaces etc.   There were others who did
the towers, the antennas, and many other things.   It was so cool to see
it all come together as a station and to get to work the contest.

73, W0JOE

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com