[CQ-Contest] Zero Pointers

Kenneth E. Harker kharker at cs.utexas.edu
Tue Dec 5 10:51:29 EST 2000

On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 09:48:06AM -0500, Dallas Carter wrote:

> When submitting logs the old fashioned way <call>.ALL, you could mark
> contacts for zero points.  This accomodated those QSO's where you were not
> certain that either you had the call correct, or that the other station got
> all of your info.  This may have been covered before and if so excuse the
> bandwidth, but what happens with Cabrillo here?  Seems that the only way to
> keep from getting dinged by the youbean counters is to remove the QSO.  That
> penalizes the station that thinks he worked you.

If you're not sure of the other station's call, why would the other station
have reason to think s/he had worked you?  Why would you give the other station
reason to believe that the QSO was complete when you obviously did not have
all of the information?

You should only log actual, real two-way QSOs, not almost, sort-a, maybe QSOs.

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker at cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences         President, UT Amateur Radio Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com