[CQ-Contest] Zero Pointers

Jimk8mr at aol.com Jimk8mr at aol.com
Tue Dec 5 13:21:53 EST 2000

In a message dated 12/5/00 11:48:39 AM Eastern Standard Time,
n2mg at contesting.com writes:

<< I hope the Cabrillo "foundation" addresses this issue soon.  It seems to
me to be the one true missing ingredient in an otherwise complete format.

 Being able to zero-out an entry is invaluable for all kinds of operating
mistakes including the hitting of the enter key too soon, and accidental
10-min violations for Multi-singles.

I would suggest to software writers and log checkers - and this is only a
suggestion, not an approved (as of yet) way to do it - that some sort of
"Don't count this qso for points" data option be available in an appropriate
data field, that could be entered at the time of QSO or after the fact if
needed.  Something like "DX"  as a state when operating ARRL DX from outside
the USA, "00" as a zone in CQWW, "XXX" for the power in ARRL DX from inside
the USA, etc.

This would also provide a way to log qsos with non-eligible stations (e.g.
other DX when operating ARRL DX from outside the USA) without either the
cumbersome ALT-N or entering a valid but phony QTH which would then require
post-contest removal.

73  - Jim   K8MR

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com