[CQ-Contest] Harvesting Mults in CQWW as an SO1R

JORGE DIEZ - CX6VM cx6vm at adinet.com.uy
Tue Dec 5 14:51:18 EST 2000

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C05ECA.D3947320

N4ZR wrote:
*Looking at my CQWWCW score, I'm struck by how big the gap is between my
*multiplier counts and those of the stations above me on the leader =
board.
*Even if I only consider the stations that don't say they're SO2R (I =
suspect
*some, at least, are but didn't check the box),=20
Don=B4t be afraid, sometimes guys use dxspots and sign unassisted, and =
of
 course they have more mults than you
 I still lag.
*For each of the last two years, I have concentrated on running (not a =
bad
*idea for the East Coast, I think), but found myself playing catch-up on
*Sunday trying to get some mults in the log.  This year I had the added
*handicap of incapacitating line noise on 80 and 40 (to some extent), =
but
*mults on 20 and 15 were both down from last year too.
*
*Is there a better way for a SO1R station to harvest multipliers?  What =
do
*YOU do?
*
    When the run is not so high, I use the second VFO to scan all the =
band=20
    (this time 28.000 to 28.250), and found some new mults and/or =
qso=B4s, that
    are also running so we didn=B4t contact because we both were doing =
the same: RUNNING!!!!
    73,

        Jorge

*