[CQ-Contest] We want your log

Bob Cox k3est at mother.com
Sat Dec 16 08:09:55 EST 2000

Dear Fellow Contesters,

The last two CQ WW contests brought on a lot of fireworks: from great
conditions to SIDs.

We appreciate all the entrants who have sent an email log or a disk. By
doing so the log checking process becomes more accurate and we can reach our
goal of presenting the final results in earlier issues of CQ magazine. The
results for the 2000 contests will appear in the August(SSB) and
September(CW) issues of CQ for the first time in over 25 years. With your
help in providing us with an electronic log, the results could appear even
earlier.

In order to create the most accurate log checking, each log no matter how
SMALL  is important. Please take the time to submit your log electronically.

 Please E-mail your CQWW DX Contest logs to SSB at CQWW.COM or CW at cqww.com as
soon as possible.

If you have already sent your log in, there is NO NEED to resend it.  The
log web-site has been upgraded, and now will contain both your SSB  and CW
data in a single directory, with only a single password.  You can view your
log to see if it is all OK when a file with the extension .log appears in
your directory.

Note that because of the possible confusion with the new system, we  are
STILL  accepting SSB entries.

 Even if you only made a few contacts, please send us your electronic log.
Even if we don't get your log, our software will make decisions about every
QSO claimed with you. No matter how good our algorithms are, they are never
as good as your real log data. Please help us judge the serious entries by
sending us your log data. Your e-log will make the contest judging more
accurate.

**If you are a computer novice, and would like help sending the log, please
send your telephone number, and times to call to questions at CQWW.COM. The CQ
WW Contest Committee will TRY to get a volunteer to help you talk through,
"How to submit an electronic log." . ** It is easy once you learn the
process.

 Thanks for your support.

 73,
Bob Cox, K3EST