[CQ-Contest] January 2001 QST arrives

K4tmc at aol.com K4tmc at aol.com
Sun Dec 24 22:04:09 EST 2000

While making the last minute Holiday shopping rounds yesterday, I found
myself near the Post Office, so decided to check ye olde PO Box.  Much to my
surprise was the latest issue of QST and three fishing magazines!  So, while
the kids are running down the batteries in their new toys, I'll be snuggled
in my easy chair by the warm fireplace catching-up on my reading.

Front cover photo of the recently-launched Phase 3D amateur satellite with
the launch vehicle in the background lifting off.  More information and
pictures are inside in the Amateur Satellites column.

Contest related items:
Short Takes - MFJ-434 Deluxe Voice Keyer
Results - 2000 ARRL June VHF QSO Party
Results - 2000 ARRL August UHF Contest
Rules - 15th Annual School Club Roundup - 2001

Other interesting items:
It Seems To Us… (editorial) - The Morse Question
A Ground-Coupled Portable Antenna
MFSK for the New Millennium
Simulating Circuits and Systems with Serenade SV (a RF/microwave
communications lab in your PC)
A Beginner's Guide to Modeling With NEC, Part 3, Sources, grounds and sweeps
The 2001 W1AW HF Digital Run (an on-air receiving test of PSK31 and MFSK16)
The HF Digital "Tower of Babel"
Does Your Club Need a Web Site?
Product Review - AOR DDS-2A External Local Generator for the Collins KWM-2
and S/Line
How's DX? - Conway Reef

And more…

RadioShack.com has ad featuring their "exclusive offer" ($599) on the Alinco
DX-70TD HF/6-Meter rig.
Closeout special pricing  ($2299) is in effect on FT1000MPs at AES and R&L.

73 & Happy Holidays,
Henry Pollock - K4TMC
Raleigh, NC

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com