[CQ-Contest] 80 in 80

Randy Thompson, K5ZD k5zd at ma.ultranet.com
Sat Dec 30 17:07:22 EST 2000

The 80 in 80 guys do add an interesting challenge to the contest.  I
personally don't see how they do it, because I would be too tempted to call
other stations! :)

Be aware that the ARRL defaults any log that does not indicate operating
time to 24 hours.  They have been doing this for a few years.  It is too
bad, because it makes it impossible to do much analysis based on operating
time.  Before computers and databases, they used to leave the op time blank
if you didn't indicate.  Once things were computerized, guess no one could
figure out how to have a null field...

As much as I am glad 80x80 guys are out there and having fun, it does give
some advantage to stations in rare sections.  They get the benefit of being
spotted and chased by the mult hunters.  Not complaining, but it does add
some frustration for those of us in 'common' sections.

Randy, K5ZD

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com