[CQ-Contest] March 2000 CQ Contest out

K4tmc at aol.com K4tmc at aol.com
Wed Feb 9 16:12:06 EST 2000

Well, we have finally recovered from the 20-plus inches of snow we received two weeks ago.  So, I was able to safely make it to the PO box again, after a week in almost-snowless Minneapolis, MN.

Front cover photo of G4BUO and G4PIQ operating from the M6T Multi-Multi during the 1999 CQWW SSB, with a related story inside.

This month’s The Band Edge editorial is titled "Contester Know Thyself", with thoughts on learning the ropes through experience, study, perseverance, and motivation.

Feature articles:
Results - 1999 WPX SSB: TS, BR, and Rookie Categories only
WX0B Station Accessories (Six Pak, StackMatch, StackMaster)
Russian DX Contest Rules 2000
J6J and the 1999 CQWW SSB

Regular Departments:
Operating Techniques - Great Contest Operators
In The Beginning - Mats Vanni, LU9AY
Continental Countdown - M6T CQWW SSB 1999 (complete with a black & white repeat of the cover photo), EU Sprint SSB Autumn 1999 Results and 2000 Rules, E4/S53R Palestine in the CQWW CW 1999
A Conversation With - Ann Santos, WA1S
VHF Contest Forum - A Matter of Practice

Back cover photo of the new IC-756PRO and some details  I think their marketing department has gone a little "overboard" with the statement "The greatest thing to hit HF since ... (a picture of sliced bread)" and comparing "CDs versus vinyl albums".  Oh well, maybe it will sell radios.

73 and good reading,
Henry Pollock - K4TMC
Raleigh, NC

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com