[CQ-Contest] Re: CQ Contest Digest V3 #45

K4SB k4sb at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 28 04:23:18 EST 2000

> Well now, that's not exactly correct.
>
> You see, if you get on the frequency of a non-contester, and the op
> complains, that is one thing.
> You can get in trouble.
>
> But if the non-contester just meekly moves on, well that is something
> else altogether.
> In a situation such as that, there is no fuss, no problem, and no
> longer any station interference.
>
> There really is a very big difference.
> Bob Perring

You are making representations contrary to the FCC's
Hollingsworth. It matters not if you are in a QSO, in a Net, rag
chewing, or contesting. If you transmit on a frequency which is
in use, that is deliberate interference! Hollingworth made this
quite clear and to the point several months ago. And he also
added that operating within a range of frequencies near that
particular one ( for example, imagine some stupid DX net on
14235. If it is in operation and you plunk yourself down on
14234, you are in violation.

And I am quite surprised that so many do not seem to be aware of
that.

73
Ed

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com