[CQ-Contest] WRTC stations on 10

Bill Tippett btippett at ctc.net
Mon Jul 10 19:48:11 EDT 2000

        I only had a little time Saturday morning to spend in the
contest so decided to CQ on 10 CW and see who answered.  I beamed
about 90 degrees expecting to work EU via backscatter.  First QSO
was with 4O0HQ at exactly 1200 (I answered him).  Following that
the following called me:

UTC     Call
1249    S573O
1302    S533G
1332    S543C

Signals were essentially identical...solid 559 by ear but not moving the
MP's meter at all.  I worked a bunch of other EU (43 total) from 1200
untl 1345 so I conclude most of the WRTC guys were not chasing mults
on 10 at that time.  Will be interesting to see if any of the guys above
had above average mults since they were obviously tuning for them.

        I understand Sunday's opening was much better so hopefully
many of them were able to put some Zone 08's into their logs.

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com