[CQ-Contest] Next WRTC should be WRSOC

Jimk8mr at aol.com Jimk8mr at aol.com
Wed Jul 19 13:36:36 EDT 2000

In a message dated 7/19/00 11:27:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Jim_Neiger at XonTech.com writes:

>  I say NUTS to that.  A major part of contesting IS the endurance.  48
>  hours -YES.  And that's why the CQ WW remains the most popular contest,
>  effectively combining knowledge, experience, strategy, speed, accuracy and
>  endurance.  Mr. Milktoast's need not apply.......

Endurance is a major part of contesting, but not an appealing part.  The
reason CQWW does so well is not that is is 48 hours long, but that it attacts
more activity from more parts of the world than any other contest.  For WRTC
I would rather have winners determined on knowledge, experience, strategy,
speed, and accuracy, than the ability to function well for 48 hours without
sleep.

Jim  K8MR

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com