[CQ-Contest] Re: Bad practices identified

Bill Turner w7ti at jps.net
Fri Jul 21 09:45:48 EDT 2000

Actually, I did leave the QRL? out.  Several years ago K3ZO said he doesn't
use QRL?, but rather a short CQ.  If the frequency is indeed in use, he will
be told so and will QSY.  It seems like a good idea to me and that's what
I've done ever since.  Fred did get flamed somewhat, mainly I think because
he was misunderstood.  People didn't understand that he WOULD QSY. I still
think it's a good idea because it saves a small amount of time many times
during a contest.   Comments welcome.

Bill, W7TI