[CQ-Contest] SO2R - You know what?

Scott Robbins w4pa at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 5 10:34:41 EDT 2000

After I've had all weekend to think it over, you know
what really irks me about people complaining about "US
- the dreaded SO2R operators"?

When I decided to learn SO2R in 1996 I did it so I
could keep up with the state of the art and to compete
with the operators who were the best.  I saw what they
were doing and wanted to emulate it.  Then the
complaining started that somehow I, as an SO2R
operator, was doing something unfair to beat out the
"regular" single op contesters.  And all I wanted to
do was to keep up.  Sheesh.

Maybe I should have taken golf more seriously.

Scott Robbins, W4PA