[CQ-Contest] Station Upgrades

ragnar otterstad la5he at yahoo.no
Tue Jun 13 01:07:30 EDT 2000

I have not seeen mentioned one thing which can improve
your station, and that is what goes on between your
ears.
If you can upgrade your CW capabilities so can can
read the DX stations, even at high speeds and in QRM
you are well off.

A simple thing has worked very well for me: putting up
a dipole for 30 meters.  This band is very
under-utilized but is often open around the clock,
even when 20 or 40 may be poor.  I have had some very
pleasant surprises and found DXpeditions often are
strongest on 30 meters.

73 es gl

Rag  LA5HE  OZ8RO