[CQ-Contest] RE HG1S in WPX CW 2000

i4jmy at iol.it i4jmy at iol.it
Thu Jun 22 17:44:35 EDT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: Felber Gyula <mttosz.vrk at mail.matav.hu>
To: <CQ-Contest at contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2000 9:25 AM
Subject: [CQ-Contest] RE HG1S in WPX CW 2000

> We're greatly surprised that just someone at RU1A dared to accuse
>anyone in the contesting community with cheating, knowing that RU1A
>team has been caught on cheating several times. Without stretching our
>memories too much, we can bring up WAEDX-CW in 1997, where RU1A was
>DQed for abusing the 10 minutes rule, or the IARU last year, where the
>R1MV team (staffed mainly by the RU1A core crew) was reclassified from
>M/S to M/M.

Was a bad behaviour generating a lapsus ?
Actually, there's no MM category in IARU international contest and only
HQ stations can have one station per band. Multi entrants have to play
as MS,or at least they should......

> This letter is not intended to be the beginning of a public dispute
>but an answer to the untrue allegations. We don't think that
>allegations would solve anything. We're open to any serious proposals
>regardless where they come from, which aim to improve the accuracy of
>log data and level the playing field for everyone. We consider this
>issue closed and won't react any other letter of the similar kind.
>
> We wish you all the best for your contesting activities, 73!
>
> Gyula HA1TJ
> chief operator
> on behalf of the HG1S team

Concerning allegations.
Is a fact and not an allegation that the call HG1S (ex HG73), year after
year, is symultaneously heard (and logged) all over Europe (and outside)
with more stations on different bands, and often (IARU), also in
different
modes.
A typical WPX late evening includes: one HG1S on 160m, another 80m,
another is on 40 and all of them exchanging groups of consistently
higher or
lower numbers meanwhile another HG1S is running (without stops) on 20m.
Much worse happens in IARU where also CW and SSB gives another
opportunity of simultaneous presence of multiple HG1S.
Or someone is making fun
o compromise them, or HG1S is
not only violating rules but deliberately making fun of people
listening.
No one can exactly proof why or who is behind and playing this game,
but no one can have the skin on the face to deny what's heard.
Contest organizers who have most of the logs on their hands can probably
check what really happened. Of course not blindly checking an eventually
"repaired" log (where mode or bands have been grouped, times rubberized
etc.), but comparing if time of logged QSOs roughly matches on both
logs.
What's sounds a bit sospicious is that HG1S doesn't complain against any
call abuse and enters MS both the IARU and WPX. Not any more the
WWDX where crosschecks are well known to be quite extensive and
accurate.

73,
Mauri I4JMY

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com