[CQ-Contest] BBBBBBBBBBBBBBbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbusted

K4OJ k4oj at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Mar 7 13:06:50 EST 2000

Ya know...

It is one thing to use packet to increment your score by acting as another
set of ears for you while running (hence why its usage qualifies one as a
multi-op) and it is another to treat that information as etched in stone.

Much like we know good ops and respected ones, we also that there are
questionable calls shown as the source of spots...I would be much more
likely to "trust" the info from a KC1XX spot than one from KF4ABC.

The real reason this is a problem it seems is that everyone has found that
the bigger scores are much easier to amass if you run two rigs...a running
rig and a spotting rig.  And should you stop CQing for a nano second on the
running rig - some guy will insist you were never on that frequency and it
is his and I'm telling mom you stole my frequency....

73,

Jim, K4OJ
k4oj at arrl.net

Less than two months until the Florida QSO Party, where you CAN work a
mobile station more than once, whenever he changes counties!  Please check
out the details at

http://www.qsl.net/fqp/

Proud member of the Florida Contest Group, visit our website at:
http://www.qsl.net/fcg

The Florida Contest Group thanks K1ZZ and the ARRL for the opportunity to
host W1AW/4 in the 2000 IARU HF Championship.

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com