[CQ-Contest] RSGB Commonwealth Contest 2000 - 11/12 March

Lee Volante lee at g0mtn.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Mar 11 13:14:53 EST 2000

*** 11th hour resend ! ***
*** Apologies if you get this twice - I've not seen my original mail from
mid week appear on the web yet ***

Hello,

I'd like to remind you that the 63rd RSGB Commonwealth Contest (BERU) is
taking place next weekend from 1200Z 11 March to 1200Z 12 March.

Bands:  3.5, 7, 14, 21, 28 MHz CW Only.    Bottom 30 kHz of band only
(except when working Novices.)

Exchange: RST-Serial-District Code
HQ stations send HQ after their exchange.

Simple rules:
Entrants:  Licenced radio amateurs within the Commonwealth or British
Mandated Territories.

Sections:
a) Open
b) Restricted (12 hour operation only, off periods 60 mins minimum, 8 hours
max operation before 0000)
c) Heaquarters Stations (counts as additional call area)

Contacts can only be made with stations using a Commonwealth Contest area
prefix (other than your own.)  Exceptions:  The UK counts as one area - UK
to UK QSOs not allowed.  HQ stations in your own call area may be worked for
points and bonuses

Scoring:   5 points / QSO, plus bonus of 20 points for the first three
contacts with each Commonwealth Call area on each band.

Please read the complete rules which contain the full list of Commonwealth
call areas, and the log entry details on the RSGB HFCC website run by Justin
G4TSH.  The address is:  http://www.g4tsh.demon.co.uk/HFCC

73,  Lee Volante G0MTN
HF Contests Committee, Radio Society of Great Britain.

---
Lee Volante G0MTN, Solihull, UK
Email: g0mtn at qsl.net
WWW:   http://www.g0mtn.freeserve.co.uk