[CQ-Contest] CQ Listening time (Was Voice Keyer)

Dale Martin kg5u at hal-pc.org
Mon Mar 13 17:14:30 EST 2000

> I've been amazed at the number of times I've given up on a
> CQ, only to have
> someone call me 10 or more seconds after I've stopped transmitting.
> Sometimes, of course, someone else is already calling CQ if
> you wait that
> long.  In any case, I usually hang around a bit before moving on.
>
> 73,
>
> Scott  K9MA

Yeah, Scott.  I know the feeling.

I can't tell you how many times I've spent operating QRP and calling CQ with
few or no answers, only to stop and not but about ten seconds later, hear a
QRO++ station start calling CQ on the frequency and then hear all the
stations that were there waiting and getting ready to call me now calling
him instead.

bummer....

dale, kg5u

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com