[CQ-Contest] Computer and paper logs

i4jmy at iol.it i4jmy at iol.it
Thu Mar 16 13:41:30 EST 2000

> The contest is the thing.  How it's reported is strictly, and should
> remain secondary.

If contest management take months to perform the log checking it is the
sign this is an important, full part, of the competition and the form
of the logs can perfectly be one of the rules.
I can bet that marginal or no log checking lead partecipation to fall.
I can bet that havin' a rule for electronic logs lead to a positive
turn over were finally the entrants number is increased.

> Not everyone has access to a computer, during or after the contest.

Possibly true but fundamentally philosophical to amateur radio.
A symple and obsolete super cheap PC (ie. 286 or 386) can be bought (or
got for nearly free) and works nicely. It cost much less than other
devices you need and buy.

73,
Mauri I4JMY

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com