[CQ-Contest] Tribander

Kelly Taylor ve4xt at mb.sympatico.ca
Sat May 13 10:42:17 EDT 2000

Hi..

Well, I must be the ONLY person in the world who is not confused about what the tribander-single element class means.

C'mon people, kick in some common sense, will you? If I say on the air I'm running a tribander at 50 feet, is there really anybody in the world who doesn't know what that means?

Sheesh! Apply the colloquial reference to tribander to the rules and you arrive exactly at their intent. One antenna capable of 10-15-20. This stacked business is bullpoopy. If you tell Hy-Gain you're ordering ONE tribander, they will send you ONE TH7.

If you have two TH7s, you have TWO tribanders, irrespective of the feed scheme. It ain't brain surgery folks. We ain't building no rocket ships here!

Interlaced monobanders are exactly that: multiple antennas sharing a common boom. They ain't tribanders.

73, kelly

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com