[CQ-Contest] Robot Op Challenge

Derek Wills oo7 at pan.as.utexas.edu
Wed May 31 14:04:03 EDT 2000

N4ZR said:

	Frankly, I'm skeptical.  I'm sure that robots exist with a
        limited degree of autonomous QSO capability (after all N6TR's
        Z80 Op has been around for a decade or more), but I doubt that
        the technology has progressed to the point that it can outperform
        a skilled human operator, even on a single band and over a short
        period of time.

It's just a matter of time - the world's #1 chess player has lost to
a machine more than once!   And contesting machines don't get tired...

Derek aa5bt

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com