[CQ-Contest] Robot Op Challenge

Cormac J Gebruers c.gebruers at oceanfree.net
Wed May 31 22:24:51 EDT 2000

Oh a short addendum,

Its perhaps disingenuous to refer to Deep Blue beating Gary Kasparov
(Chess) - I would argue that such a feat proves nothing. Deep Blue operates
by a simple "Brute Force" approach - try every possible move and pick the
best one. That works because a chess game is a closed set - grant it a very
big one but it is finite. A contest is an open set - the possibilities are
infinite - i.e. Deep Blue wouldn't be much good at it :o)

So pat yourselves on the back - there's a lot more to contesting than chess
:o)

73
Cormac EI4HQ