[CQ-Contest] M/S CQing

Robert Bajuk s57aw at bit.si
Wed Nov 1 22:28:29 EST 2000

> Ken, K2KW, is right on track on this subject.  The short answer is that
> CQing by the mult station is perfectly acceptable in CQ WW.  It is not a
> violation of the rules, nor the spirit of the rules.  The CQ WW Committee
> has indicated so very clearly, and in writing (more on this below).

Hi !

It is very interesting to read all those unofficial interpretations of CQWW
rules for M/S stations....

If I understand correctly every M/M station can easily become a very
competitive and effective M/S station.... All you need is just a simple post
contest processing..

1. The best (most productive) periods belong to "running" station (that's
    easy to do with a simple SW)
2. All the other stations (one, two, three, four or even five) are "mult"
    stations in the same periods
3. Mark all the "non new mults" QSOs with 0 points and hold only "new mults"
   QSOs
4. Submit your log and wait till your score will be in the same class with
   all the other "small" and "regular" M/S stations... You will be around
   the top of the list, that's for sure..

Two heads are better than one and two or more signals in the same time are
also better than one, don't you agree ?

Is that what we need and what we really want ?

I have only two suggestions in this case:

1. The rules should be clear as crystal and in no way ambiguous... only one
   explanation should be possible
2. Abolish the M/S category

In my opinion CQ-ing on "mult station" is NOT allowed and it is not fair to
the others ... It is very funny if one operater says after I answered his CQ
call : "SRI, I can't work you, I am interesting in new mults only". It will
take me some time and I will ask him "So why you are making QRM on the
frequency, please keep the freq free for the others who would like to make
some QSOs and they can't find any clear channel because all those powerfull
M/S stations are calling CQ for new mults only in the middle of the DX
window on 80m"

I think we all agree that CQWW rules should be modified in this respect...
all is up to CQWW Commiittee, I would like to see some words from them.

73 de Robert, S57AW

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com