[CQ-Contest] Speaking of Courtesy :Freq in Use

ted demopoulos kr1g at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 2 13:43:16 EST 2000

An AH0 - a new mult - was very loud on 14310. Gave him a couple of calls and
worked him. I heard weak pissing/moaning on the freq.

Turned my antenna West, instead of North, and two somewhat loud 7s were
pissing and moaning about me being an asshole contester and the frequency
being in use.

Yes, the frequency was in use, by the 7s AND the AH0. The AH0 (at least on
my initial beam heading) was 59+10, the QRM around 59, and the W7s around 57
or less.

Did I do anything wrong?? Nope, don't think so.

Sorry I QRMed them (briefly), but thats like complaining about lots of
traffic on a holiday weekend - its just a fact of life

73
Ted, KR1G
PS: Yes, I am truly sorry I QRMed them, and I'm sure they are truly sorry
there was a contest that weekend. Sharing a busy band means QRM.