[CQ-Contest] Laptops & Logging / Portable

W2CE at aol.com W2CE at aol.com
Thu Nov 2 14:31:36 EST 2000

In a message dated 11/2/00 09:28:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,
miltj at aepnet.com writes:

>   The simplest, easiest and most efficient way to power the laptop is to use
>  a 12 Volt DC to 120 Volt AC inverter.  For the small amount of power you
>  need, they are quite inexpensive and are 95% or better efficient.

The automotive sections at Target and WalMart here are both carrying a new
line of emergency power devices including selfcontained battery and inverter
that comes with an ac charger. The also have 50, 100, 600 watt power
invertors ac regulated dc supplies. I don't recall the company name, but both
stores here have good size blisterpack wall displays. I think the battery
with invertor was only about $30

  73, Bob W2CE

  W2CE at aol.com    W2CE at juno.com    W2CE at arrl.net

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com