[CQ-Contest] ethics on two questions...

Gilmer, Mike mgilmer at gnlp.com
Sat Nov 4 07:47:24 EST 2000

W9WI wrote:
> What happens when you're S&Ping on the multiplier station and you find a
> station who may or may not be a mult but who never IDs?

I grumble, then usually stick him in one of my radio's memories or in the
computer bandmap and move on.

>  In one case on
> Sunday afternoon, I encountered this situation with a loud station with
> a Down Under accent.  After listening to a few QSOs with no ID, I
> finally called him - gave him "QSL except for your callsign, you're 59
> 04".  He signed ZL-something - *not* a multiplier.  I simply didn't log
> the QSO.  How do people feel about the ethics of that?

Well, you just potentially cost the ZL four QSOs because he will be not in
your log when processed by the software.

I suppose if you want to "teach him a lesson" for his lack of CQs, then,
well...
More likely you didn't have that intent, but the results are the same.

73 Mike N2MG

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com