[CQ-Contest] Very sorry for the QRM

Robert Brandon rbrandon at austin.ibm.com
Sun Nov 5 22:18:24 EST 2000

I operated SO2R in the CW Sweepstakes this weekend with a pair of TS-850s.
They worked perfectly until Sunday afternoon when something went very wrong
with one of them.  I noticed that not even strong stations were answering my
calls, even though I could see plenty of power and low SWR.  We checked the
output with another radio and discovered that while it was indeed
transmitting, it was not transmitting on the indicated frequency but rather
about 25 kHz up!

I'm not sure how long this was going on, but I'm sure I QRMed a number of
you.  Please accept my apologies.

Robert K5PI

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com