[CQ-Contest] QRP Only, Please de VY1JA

J.Allen j.allen at yec.yk.ca
Mon Nov 6 15:02:51 EST 2000

I wish to thank the many good ops that made SSCW so pleasant for me.
Pileups were much easier to manage.

I will be active during SS00PH except the following periods:
Saturday, from 22:30 to Sunday 01:00 UTC teaching TaeKwon-Do, and
Sunday from 18:00 to 22:00, operating the sound system for a church.

My frequencies should be ?.157, 177, 127, and 137, when I can find a clear
spot.

For those of you that are multi-op events and have packet, please have the
free op (if you have one) post my  frequency for the benefit of others.  I
intend to sit still and CQ so that I can be found.  On 40, I cannot hold a
frequency very well, so I will end up S&P.
---------------------------------------
Many of you know that I have had a place for QRPer for many years.

Every year, I have tried to stand by for QRPers during SS, every hour on
approximately the half hour.  A few minutes every hour adds to their
pleasure greatly, and does not cost the contesting community that much in
exchange.

Often, I am called by stations who give me a precedence of, "A, B, U, or M"
when I stand by for QRP.

It is unfair that I waste everyone's time arguing or preaching to these
folks, so I think it best just to log it wrong or scratch it and move on.
What I mean by this is that I can (and HAVE) put his precedence down as Q no
matter what was sent, and it spoils his log and mine as a result, or I can
delete the QSO immediately after logging it, which spoils only his log.

People in the pile use words like, "Lid", when these people give their
exchange, so I know that many agree that this behavior is not accepted in
our society.

Is there a better solution?

PLEASE RESPOND DIRECTLY to:
vy1ja at rac.ca