[CQ-Contest] Shorten CW SS

Ed Sleight k4sb at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 7 18:20:00 EST 2000

Dave may have a good point in his thoughts about shortening the SS, but
as far as the slowdown goes, I think another reason may be to blame.

Face it, the CWSS is, for all practical purposes, now an "extras only
ball game". From that viewpoint, it would seem that we can only look
forward to less and less participation due to natural attrition.

I think we'll have much more participation in the SSBSS. But, we're all
going to have to slow down a little for the newbies.

My pet peeve during the CW were the lids cqing and answering at 45wpm,
who couldn't copy the return exchange at the same speed. What does it
take to get the idea that if a guy is sending at 30 wpm, he just might
have a reason?

73
Ed ( and thanks to all you guys for the Qs )

Only made 400 Qs, but not a single one was a "00"

73
Ed

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com