[CQ-Contest] SS--The rest of the story

Matt & Carrie Trott aa7bg at 3rivers.net
Wed Nov 8 18:29:35 EST 2000

This SS DID give us what seemed like a very slow Sunday, but in looking at
the log the rate wasn't that much less than the last few years. I say leave
it the way it is.

I LIKE the idea of the increased scrutiny of logs in the last few years as
well as the advent of the cabrillo format, BUT, that just might be one
reason why some old boys are bowing out. Some guy reading QST who says,
"Hey, maybe I'll try that Sweepstakes (or any other contest) thing again
this year," might decide it sounds like too much work when he reads of the
new changes in log submission, etc. If you want people to keep coming into
your store you have to clear the obstacles out of the doorway. Pretend your
new at this and think about entering a contest for the first time.

Just a thought.

P.S. Like I said, I LIKE the idea of the increased scrutiny of logs in the
last few years as well as the advent of the cabrillo format.

73, Matt

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com