[CQ-Contest] Tradition

Tom Horton k5iid at hiperline.net
Thu Nov 9 09:48:41 EST 2000

Referring to changing the lenght of SS,
Dave wrote:
" I know that such a departure from tradition brings about
a gut-level unfavorable initial reaction. Just think, though,
about how hard Sunday afternoon was, trying to scrounge up a
few measly contacts. Was that enjoyment? "

  The first few SS contests I operated in were 2 weekends long and
both CW and Phone ran at the same time...pretty much you operated
one or the other...
That shows that the "tradition" that we speak of is not at all the previous
"tradition" .

Just a comment...I don't really know how I feel about the
idea of shortening the contest....
Some of us are slower and it takes us longer to work everyone..

I think if I had a vote, I would probably be against it.
Of course, there would probably be a recount in FL anyway.

73, Tom K5IID

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com