[CQ-Contest] Is there more to contesting ?

David Robbins k1ttt at berkshire.net
Sat Nov 11 13:31:36 EST 2000

K3BU at aol.com wrote:
>     "All" is needed is to someone get the logs and run it against the
> propagation predictions and see how they correlate and produce the nice maps
> showing QSOs for particular time and frequency. This could be added to the
> contest logging program, where you would input present solar data and use
> historical database to show potential openings (and turn the antennas in that
> direction, while CQ machine is doing its job :-)

that is what i have done to tune my propagation program.  it has been slow and
very time consuming process working with just a few logs from big stations over
the range of about a whole sunspot cycle.  what would be a big help is if i
could get an extract from the log checking database for whole contests, it would
still be a big job to boil it down to useful propagation data but would at least
cover most of the world in more detail than i have now.

--
David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto://k1ttt@berkshire.net

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com