[CQ-Contest] Single-Op - Stop the Rot.

Douglas Priest w3cf at home.com
Sat Nov 11 11:12:17 EST 2000

Perhaps instead of Santa on the cover we put DQ's on the cover of CQ
Contest......I recently heard reports that one big east coast multi caught
another big east coast multi transmitting TWO signals on the same band at
the same time. The issue seems to have been swept under the rug but I would
like to see such violations DQ for not only the contest in question but the
following years competition. Then have the DQ'd stations call on all the
reflectors and all the magazines so the cheaters can be identified. We are
supposed to be a self policing group. Maybe we need referee's like WARC in
CQ and ARRL tests. Rules without enforcement are a joke to some as the
desire to win at all costs overcomes personal integrity.

73

Doug W3CF

.  It's time to stop repeating
it and start enforcing contest rules.  IMO, the contest committees
have been way too lax in their enforcement efforts.

73, Bill W7TI

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com