[CQ-Contest] Is there more to contesting ?

Dale L Martin kg5u at hal-pc.org
Sun Nov 12 09:13:52 EST 2000

> Also, the new generation of propagation software make it not only possible
> but desirable to specify antenna characteristics at both ends of the
> circuit.  That was the thrust of my query about the "average" antenna and
> power of casual contest entrants from Europe, to validate a basic antenna
> type and power level for use in propagation prediction.

Cool.

One could focus on certain target stations for QSO's by specifying
particular antenna characteristics during different times of the contest:
	early: big, multi-element, multi-stacked antennas;
	middle: single triband beams;
	late: dipoles/verticals.

THEN, CW speed could be appropriately (and more productively) adjusted for
the types of stations being targeted--given, of course, that speed and
antenna size/quantity are somewhat directly related.

Meanwhile, logging could be on-line into one central database (with a shadow
back-up server, of course) and website displaying the up-to-the-minute
status of the competitors.

On to coffee number 4 for the morning....

73,
dale, kg5u

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com