[CQ-Contest] UA2FJ SK

Victor Loginov ua2fm at gazinter.net
Tue Nov 14 11:26:31 EST 2000

Dear fellow-contesters,

We regret to inform you that Nick Shirko, UA2FJ/AE4AO became SK on 14th Nov
2000.
He was 40 only, talented engineer, and true-blue Contester.

Since 1982 his life was devoted to his club - UK2FAA/UZ2FWA/RK2FWA. It was
him who first started RTTY operations from UA2, made first NA/UA2 QSO on 6
m, first UA2 moon-bounce on 2m. He made a lot of contests, not only from
UA2, - from UK2ABC, RL8PYL, DL0CS, DK6WL, and TK2C (CQWW CW 95). You may
remember him at Dayton 95, where he was #8 in KC DX Pile up. In1996 Nick
started his own contest project and soon won CQ WW EU plaques for 160 and
80.

His family lost a father, we lost a real friend.
We'll be missing you, Nick.

73 and RIP,

Victor UA2FM
from RW2F Crew