[CQ-Contest] The meaning of words

DougKR2Q at aol.com DougKR2Q at aol.com
Mon Nov 13 18:32:04 EST 2000

In a message dated 11/13/00 11:32:34 AM Eastern Standard Time,
lw9euj at ciudad.com.ar writes:

<< "Single Op. using packet" >>

No, that is not adequate.  Any use of a spotting nets puts you in the
assisted category...it does NOT have to be limited to packet.  Two meter
voice repeaters (or any band) count as assisted also.  So does "my buddy down
the street called me on 15m while I was calling CQ on 15m and told me about a
good mult up 10kc."  There are MANY scenarios that will fit the definition of
spotting net/assistance that are not packet.

de Doug KR2Q

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com