[CQ-Contest] The meaning of words

Ron D. Rossi rrossi at btv.ibm.com
Thu Nov 16 13:57:49 EST 2000

>>>v31jp at logical123.net said:
>
> Bill,
>
> It depends on the contest. ARRL uses the words "operating
> arrangements" which would allow the happen stance information
> as described. CQ, on the other hand, in their wording would
> penalize a station that had this happen to him. The difference
> being the arrangement of spotting information to be available
> would make you a single op assisted in both cases and the
> unarranged information would make you single op assisted in
> the CQ contests.

I am dwelling on this too much now I think. I have (out of frustration more
than anything else) added something like "looking for Maine" to the end of a
CQ hoping to coax a new one out of the woodwork. Thinking about it I guess I
was also INVITING someone to come along and fill me in about where a Mainiac
might be on the bands. Not my intent to be sure, but a possible (likely)
outcome. I guess without saying something like "If you are in Maine please
talk to me, but if you are not don't tell me where there is one" I should just
call CQ.

Life was much simpler when I just didn't know any better.

--
73 de KK1L...ron (kk1l at arrl.net) <><
QTH: Jericho, Vermont

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com