[CQ-Contest] Handicapping

TOMK5RC at aol.com TOMK5RC at aol.com
Mon Nov 20 11:01:16 EST 2000

I was just reading some SS chatter going back and forth on the NCCC reflector
and a suggestion was made to give a handicap to CW operators who operate
Phone SS. While that was cute, it occurred to me that a handicapping system
might be the answer to the perennial quest to leveling the playing field. To
wit, have only two classes of entry: Single Op and Multi Op. Then assign
handicapping numbers for packet, wire antennas 1 watt, 10 watts, 100 watts, 1
station, 2 stations, 3 stations etc. List the results based on raw score and
then have a second tabulation with the handicapped results. Viola, everyone
is happy!

Tom Taormina, K5RC
aka K7GJ, K7ISO "Communication is the
Virginia City  NV   problem to the answer" - 10cc

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com