[CQ-Contest] overwhelmed by packet spot dumper inners

Tom Frenaye frenaye at pcnet.com
Mon Nov 27 19:57:57 EST 2000

At 07:33 AM 11/27/2000 -0500, K4-operator-juiced wrote:
>Many packet guys are clearly pointing and shouting the moment something is
>spotted rather than listening first....this is apparent by their first
>appearance in a pileup transmitting on top of the juicy mult....

One of the 15m spots was for FH5CB on 21223.   Looked like a nice new mult
so I jumped on it (went to the freq and listened).   Realized that it was
not likely to be a CW signal above 21200 so didn't transmit.   Did hear a
few people dump in their callsigns.  One enterprising VE7 even called CQ
there when no one came back to the other's calls - and he worked a few
stations before heading back to the 2100x battleground.

                 -- Tom

e-mail: frenaye at pcnet.com    YCCC --> http://www.yccc.org/
Tom Frenaye, K1KI, P O Box 386, West Suffield CT 06093 Phone: 860-668-5444

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com