[CQ-Contest] PSE QSY to ...

Dale L Martin kg5u at hal-pc.org
Tue Nov 28 18:31:08 EST 2000

> Another "fun" thing that is spreading like a West Nile virus:
>
> You tune the band. You find the rare, weak, juicy multiplier calling his
> cautious CQ. You aim, get ready and fire out your call in hope of nailing
> him.
> Radio comes back to you with Mighty-Multi, Packetted, Networked, Club
> Assisted, Stacked, Power loaded MM station TELLING the poor
> multiplier to QSY
> to F1 and F2 and F3 frequency "to work us."  (One W7 wants that feature
> automated in the TRlog!)
> I am sitting there with my water soaked base of a vertical and
> jaw dropped
> down for 5 minutes hoping that poor sucker has some reason to
> come back to
> his old frequency. He didn't. Maybe another MM grabbed him and
> dragged over
> to their frequencies?
> Yea, I am sour grapes and a cry baby. But I think we should be
> sensitive to
> changing environment, try to keep some sanity in this last
> bastion of fun in
> ham radio and adapt the rules as we go.

But, Yuri, isn't your 'multiplier' equally or possibly more culpable?  After
all, he could have said "no".  Then again, what if he needed the station who
asked him to move as a mult on that band or bands?  What if it had been your
'multiplier' who asked the station to move?  What then?

Where are his rights?

:-)

73,
dale, kg5u