[CQ-Contest] IDing revisited...

Tom Horton k5iid at hiperline.net
Thu Nov 30 01:12:29 EST 2000

  Did you ever notice that the really big guns, the really good operators,
and the BIG scores ID a lot? It seems to me that if you ID more, more
stations will hear your call and might possibly call you while in the S&P
mode,
which is probably most of us.
There is NO reason why you shouldn't give your call after every contact...
What happens if you don't ID is you get all manner of stations QRMing you
just trying to discern who you are...
In the US we are required to ID at the end of "each communication"...that
probably means
after each contact...
Just a pet peeve of mine...
Remember the big guys do it....so do some of little guys too.
73, Tom K5IID

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com