[CQ-Contest] Moving Mults

k7qq at juno.com k7qq at juno.com
Thu Nov 30 04:35:24 EST 2000

Quacks
I did Single band 10 and had a Caribean mult that somone  ask to move to
another band,  my answer to that was to CQ on the freq.  About 5 min
later he came back and called me.. I said Your freq and he replied  no
diff.  I left and the pile was back on him ...  There are ways to hanlde
the QSY station, this was the one that worked this time..  I've also been
at the M/M  W7RM 20 plus years ago and worked to move  mult's  to another
band.  Its done to improve the score of the operation and no amount of
BITCHING about the practice will change it.  The object is to work Q's
and Mults.   nuff said
Rex

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000 09:57:42 -0600 Mark Beckwith <swca at ionet.net> writes:

> As far as moving multipliers is concerned, somebody reading recent
> comments
> could conclude that this practice has just sprung up out of nowhere.
>  It's
> been going on since before 90% of us were born.  It is just easier
> now.  I
> don't know that contest rules should tell us under what conditions
> we can
> and cannot pick the frequency we want to be on for whatever reason.
> I have
> always hated 10-minute rules for this reason.  I think restricting
> the
> movements of a single-op (any station, really) who is trying to work
> as
> many countries on as many bands as possible is needless and would
> damage
> the sport.
>
> Who among us has not been frustrated more times than we can even
> count by
> not getting the guy before he is gone, for whatever reason?  At
> least when
> he QSYs to work some other guy, you have a clue where he has gone.
> And a
> LOT of the time he will be BACK.
>
> I always thought this was a part of the game.
>
> MHO.
>
> Mark, N5OT
>
> Sorry, I am beginning to sound more and more like an old geezer
> doomed to
> contrarianism.
>

> --
> CQ-Contest on WWW:        http://lists.contesting.com/_cq-contest/