[CQ-Contest] Mistakes in MASTER CALLSIGN DATABASE

Oliver Huber oe5oho at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 21 13:11:21 EDT 2000

hello Contesters...

i guess there must be some mistakes in the current MASTER CALLSIGN
DATABASES !!!

at least for myself i know one for SURE:

if you look at the master callsign database files you will find OE5OHO
and what´s not so good also a station OE5OSO !!!

THERE IS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OE5OSO !

a lot of people don´t listen carefully in CW so some of the none-
contesters hear OE5OSO instead of OHotelO !

the UBN file of 1999 CQWW CW shows a few who called me (i was running
90% of the time!) and logged me as OE5OSO.

so the picture is the following:

also CQWW contest team correctly informed the stations who got my call
incorrect (of course they lost the usual points for a wrong call) it
seems as if the definitely WRONG call oe5oso - and i again mention
that CQWW team found this wrong call in a few logs - got into the
database!!!!

my question is   WHY ????!
how can a definitely wrong callsign which was found to be wrong by CQWW
committee get into the database???????

ok - might be that the database is not formed only on the CQWW logs!!

but in any case - i REALLY would love to have the NOT EXISTING CALL
oe5oso deleted in those masterdat-files!!!!!!!

i guess it won´t be possible for this years masterdat-files. but i
really would love to see it gone in the NEXT edition!!

so i thought i inform you contesters out there to have a look into the
masterdat-files and see if a miscopied call of your station might show
up in the files... YES OF COURSE YOU CAN DELETE THE CALL OE5OSO - this
call hasn´t been issued in Austria.

vy 73 de Oliver OE5OHO.

PS: cu in CQWW SSB as OE5T (M/S)

      ... One of the BCC ...