[CQ-Contest] Internet/WebCam in the contest?!

Peter Bowyer peter at unica.co.uk
Mon Oct 2 23:06:54 EDT 2000

I don't think you can realistically describe a simple webcam as either a
'real-time internet broadcast' or a means to solicit QSOs - a tiny still
picture which updates every five minutes, no audio....come off it. It's a
bit of fun.

As has been pointed out, if the webcam starts to be used to show the
frequency display on the rig or the direction the rotator's pointed in then
it's straying towards solicitation. But that's no reason to comdemn it.

Peter G4MJS