[CQ-Contest] Zone 8 needs "required features"

Scott Robbins w4pa at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 4 11:34:03 EDT 2000

I4JMY wrote:

>First of all not everyone would have the same results
>from EA8 because what makes an operator good is own
>skill and not the place, althought a
>place is potentially a winner's place when has the
>required features

Cheers to that!  And with I4JNY's point on "required
features" in mind (i.e. 3 point contacts to both EU
and NA), let's make zone 8 a 3-pointer in the CQ WW
for inter-North American contacts and then we'll
REALLY have quite a competition on our hands.
Don't misconstrue what I'm saying: it's a heck of a
competition now for the world single op title, but it
would be even more competitive with this rule change.

Winning a contest is the sum of operator skill,
equipment, and location.  While equalizing all factors
is not possible, this is an example of one that is
long overdue for correction and would make a super
contest like CQ WW even more competitive than it
already is.

Scott Robbins, W4PA

http://photos.yahoo.com/

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com

>From Timo" <timo.klimoff at kolumbus.fi  Wed Oct  4 19:28:58 2000
> Cheers to that!  And with I4JNY's point on "required
> features" in mind (i.e. 3 point contacts to both EU
> and NA), let's make zone 8 a 3-pointer in the CQ WW
> for inter-North American contacts and then we'll
> REALLY have quite a competition on our hands.

Let's make the equal rules to all the continents. Now rules favor North Americans (2pts vs. 1pt)...

73 Timo OH1NOA

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com